Turpentine of Venice
Turpentine of Venice is also known as "spirit of turpentine", "oil of turpentine", "wood turpentine", and "terebenthene." It is a fluid obtained by distilling the resin of European tree (Larix decidua) It is used as a solvent/thinner in oil-based painting and in varnishing.
Available in 1 L size only.
How to use for oil painting:
Mix a small amount of turpentine with oil based paints to thin. Use larger quantities to clean tools and brushes.
PPE for the eyes, skin and face is strongly recommended when using this product. Turpentine's vapours can irritate the skin and eyes, damage the lungs and respiratory system, and the central nervous system when inhaled. The product can cause damage to the renal system when ingested. The product must not be ingested as it can cause burning sensations, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, convulsions, diarrhea, tachycardia, unconsciousness, respiratory failure. The product is toxic to the environment, especially aquatic life and should never be put into sewers or waterways.